Friday, June 08, 2012

What is being foreshadowed here?


When Jason Stellman changed blogs, on February 16, 2010, he posted this explanation:

Why the change? A few reasons. First, “Creed-Code-Cult-dot-com” is a lot easier to say than “De-Regnis-Duobus-dot-blogspot-dot-com” (especially if, like me, you’re really into the whole brevity thing). Secondly (and I’m going out on a limb here), having a blog that doesn’t, like, have Hitler on it... that’ll be pretty cool, too. I stand by the image and my reason for employing it, but well, let’s just say I won’t miss seeing ol’ Adolf on a daily basis.

There is another reason for the change, but suffice it to say that that will become known in the near future.

So anyway, I’d like to cordially invite you all over to my new digs. If anyone of you links to me on your own sites, you may want to update your blogroll (and should you feel inclined to dedicate a post toCCC’s launch, I’d surely appreciate it!).

Cheers,

JJS

Notice this line: “There is another reason for the change, but suffice it to say that that will become known in the near future.”

As far as I know, this is the first time any obvious reason has surfaced.  “De Regnis Duobus” (literally “kingdoms of two”) is also too Protestant, too Lutheran. It is not a sufficient identity from which to launch a Roman Catholic apologetic platform. But “Creed Code Cult” works nicely for Roman Catholic purposes. And as I've commented, he is already making Roman Catholic apologetic arguments. Could Jason have had this in mind in 2010? By his own admission, serious doubts started in 2008. Is this a publicity stunt as well as a conversion?  Setting up a future career? 

HT: Steven Wedgeworth  

No comments:

Post a Comment